Resources for teachers & librarians
Find classroom resources for books by Katherine Woodfine:
- The Clockwork Sparrow: 3-week lesson plan and activities for KS2
- The Jewelled Moth poster
- NEW: Authorfy Masterclass – Mystery & History with Katherine Woodfine
Visit the Authorfy website to access a Peril in Paris masterclass, ideal for KS2, and a Rose’s Dress of Dreams masterclass for KS1. Each masterclass includes videos, extracts and a detailed scheme of work.
Drawing, colouring & puzzles
- Make your own Peril in Paris luggage tag for going on intrepid adventures with this activity sheet
- Inspired by Rose’s Dress of Dreams, use this activity sheet to draw your own fabulous fashion design
- Can you crack the code? Put your detective skills to the test with this secret code puzzle.
- Download a gorgeous colouring sheet inspired by the Sinclair’s Mysteries. There are three to choose from:
Background to the Sinclair’s Mysteries
Find out more about the background to the Sinclair’s Mysteries series, including the real-life history and places that helped inspire the books :
- Watch some videos
- Behind the Scenes: read about the history behind the books
- Check out an interactive map of the real London locations that inspired the series
- See my visual inspirations – check out my Edwardiana Pinterest board or see some of the images that inspired The Clockwork Sparrow, The Jewelled Moth, The Painted Dragon & The Midnight Peacock
Dress up as Sophie and Lil
If you’d like to dress up as Sophie, Lil or one of the other characters from the Sinclair’s Mysteries for World Book Day or Children’s Book Week, here’s some tips and ideas to get you started creating an easy costume.
Make sure you send me a photo of your finished outfit!
Looking for writing tips? Try these: