Resources for teachers & librarians
Find classroom resources for books by Katherine Woodfine:
- The Clockwork Sparrow: 3-week lesson plan and activities for Key Stage 2
- The Jewelled Moth poster
- Bring History to Life poster for Sophie Takes to the Sky and Rose’s Dress of Dreams
- Authorfy Masterclass – Mystery & History with Katherine Woodfine. A Peril in Paris masterclass, ideal for Key Stage 2, and a Rose’s Dress of Dreams masterclass for Key Stage 1. Each masterclass includes videos, extracts and a detailed scheme of work.
Fun activities: drawing, colouring & puzzles
- Make your own Peril in Paris luggage tag for going on intrepid adventures
- Peril in Paris activity sheet with lots of puzzles to solve
- Inspired by Rose’s Dress of Dreams, create your own fabulous fashion design
- Design a hot air-balloon inspired by Sophie Takes to the Sky!
- Can you crack the code? Put your detective skills to the test with this Sinclair’s Mysteries secret code puzzle
- Download a gorgeous colouring sheet inspired by the Sinclair’s Mysteries.
There are three designs to choose from:
Background to the Sinclair’s Mysteries
Find out more about the background to the Sinclair’s Mysteries series, including the real-life history and places that helped inspire the books :
- Watch some videos about The Clockwork Sparrow
- Behind the Scenes: read about the real-life history behind the books
- Check out an interactive map of the real London locations that inspired the series
- See my visual inspirations – check out my Edwardiana Pinterest board or see some of the images that inspired The Clockwork Sparrow, The Jewelled Moth, The Painted Dragon & The Midnight Peacock
Dress up as Sophie and Lil
If you’d like to dress up as Sophie, Lil or one of the other characters from the Sinclair’s Mysteries and Taylor & Rose Secret Agents for World Book Day or Children’s Book Week, here’s some tips and ideas to get you started creating an easy costume.
Make sure you send me a photo of your finished outfit!
Looking for writing tips? Try these: